Why is it so essential to drink 1.5L per day at least?
- Hydration: Our bodies are composed of about 60% water, and every system and organ relies on it to function properly. Water helps transport nutrients, regulate body temperature, lubricate joints and tissues, and eliminate waste and toxins through urine and sweat.
- Electrolyte balance: Electrolytes, such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium, are minerals present in our bodies and play a crucial role in maintaining the balance of bodily fluids. Drinking enough water helps maintain a proper electrolyte balance, which is important for nerve, muscle, and cellular function.
- Cognitive function: Adequate hydration is also important for the proper functioning of our brain. Studies have shown that dehydration can affect concentration, memory, and cognitive performance.
- General health: Drinking enough water is beneficial for overall health. Proper hydration can help maintain a strong immune system, promote healthy digestion, improve the appearance of the skin, and prevent fatigue.
- Skin health: Good hydration promotes cellular renewal and an effective protective barrier.
Tips to drink more:
- Keep a filled water bottle close and aim at finishing it before the end of the day.
- Infuse water with natural flavors if you don't like plain water: lemon slices, mint leaves, herbal infusions.