Nutrition is not just about the physical aspect of gaining or losing weight; it is much more than that.
It allows us to maintain better health and provides the body with the nutrients, minerals, and vitamins it needs to function. It helps prevent certain diseases such as cardiovascular issues, diabetes, high blood pressure, and more.
Nutrition also affects our mood and energy levels as it influences our sleep patterns.
Here are 10 tips to improve your diet:
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Reduce your consumption of processed foods, added sugars, and saturated fats. Choose homemade chocolate cake over store-bought cookies and opt for honey instead of refined sugar, for example.
- Choose plant-based proteins for the sake of the planet (legumes, beans) or lean proteins such as poultry, fish, eggs, and consider adding a supplement of Moringa or spirulina, which are extremely rich in proteins.
- Ensure you consume sufficient fiber.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit your salt intake.
- Avoid sugary beverages and opt for water or unsweetened drinks instead.
- Include healthy fats in your diet, such as nuts, seeds, and avocado.
- Read nutrition labels and choose foods that are low in sodium, added sugars, saturated fats, and with a minimum of E ingredients.
- Practice mindful eating, meaning being fully present and focused on your food, to better ingest and digest it. Avoid eating with distractions like phones, computers, and other devices.
And most importantly, enjoy your food because guilt sends negative messages to your brain.
Remember, everyone is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. It's always a good idea to consult a medical expert for personalized advice, especially if you have specific health conditions.